TV Wrap Up | Part Two

Overview:
Watching 11 shows this semester was a bit more challenging than I thought it would be. Trying to fit in a 10-episode season while doing other school work was tough. Finding shows that were both intriguing and entertaining was also difficult to do. The top 5 shows on this list though were some of the best television I have ever watched. Without further ado here are my top 5.

5. Fargo

Fargo was one of the most captivating television shows I have watched before. Fargo took a lot of inspiration from the movie that it is named after. Even in production value Fargo took inspiration from the movie Fargo. Fargo had one of the most captivating characters that I think has ever been on television. Lorne Malvo played by Billy Bob Thorton took over the screen whenever he was on screen. Thorton played the psychopathic character so well that you kind of wanted him to be victorious by the end of the season. What I liked most about this season was that story was concise and fit well into the 10-episode season.



4. 11.22.63

My favorite subject in school is history, and one of the biggest moments in our history is the assassination of John F. Kennedy. 11.22.63 is based off a book written by Stephen King, and it revolves around the assassination. What I liked most about this show was how it had me on the edge of my seat. The possibility of screwing up the past was an exciting thing to see. Another aspect of the show I liked was the relationship between the two main characters. They were played by James Franco and Sarah Gadon. Their chemistry was off the charts in the show. As I said in my blog for this show, I am not big into emotional stuff. This relationship though was off the charts for me, and it really helped the show.

3. Future Man

This was the biggest surprise show that I watched this semester. I watched the first episode a couple of weeks before I watched the rest of the season. I thought the show was immature and just plain stupid. Then I gave it another shot and it ended up being being number 3 on this list. Future Man was another time traveling show that I watched also. The thing I liked most about Future Man was the homage to 1980's movies. Their were references to Back to the Future (one of my favorite movies of all time), The Terminator, and pretty much every 1980's cheesy movie. The main characters in this show also is what I like about it. You watch how these outcasts grow into each other and become friends. While the humor was still immature and raunchy. I started to really appreciate the show for what it was.

2. Brooklyn Nine-Nine

Brooklyn Nine-Nine was the first show that I reviewed this semester and it still does not disappoint. While Brooklyn Nine-Nine is your prototypical network sitcom. The chemistry of the cast is incredible though and the humor from Andy Sandberg really made this show enjoyable. Besides the humor, I really cannot give the reason why I liked this show so much. It was just such a great watch. After I got done with the first season I continued watching the series. As I mentioned though the chemistry between the cast is fantastic, and it makes you care about each character.

1. The Last Man on Earth

My favorite show that I watched this semester was The Last Man on Earth. This show was just so funny it was hard not to like it. There are 2 shows that I can watch and laugh through the whole episode. After watching this one I have to say 3 shows. This show starred another Saturday Night Alum with Will Forte. This show was hysterically funny with him leading the show. Forte's character was fantastic as well. He was such a despicable person and him being the last man on Earth made the show that much funnier. The reason I know this show is my favorite show that I reviewed this semester is because I binge watched the series and I am now watching every new episode every week.


Conclusion:

So there it is my top 11 shows that I watched this semester. I had a pleasant time watching these shows and reviewing them for you. I enjoyed all the shows that watched, but of course I liked some more than others. Next week I am going to review one last show. I am not including it in this rankings because I have previously watched this show. For a little hint on what it is I will leave you with this quote, "These violent delights have violent ends."

Comments

  1. You watched 11 shows over the course of this semester!? Major props to you, I would never have the time to do that: there is always too much to do. A lot of these shows I have never heard of before, but some of them sound interesting especially 11.22.63 and Fargo.

    Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just watched "Fargo" in film class earlier this semester. I definitely need to check out the TV show to see how it compares to the film. Often times the best adaptations/spin offs keep the important things the same, while also branching out with different themes, characters, subplots, etc.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Atlanta | Season One

Future Man

F Is For Family | Season One